Halloween..For Singles?
So Halloween is coming up..I received an invite to a party on the 29th..Costumes are required. Okay cool, Im up for that! But when I looked at the online site to see who all is going.. Um, Im a little lacking.. Everyone that has RSVP'd so far is eithor married, engaged, or dating someone..I am the only single person attending so far. Not that I mind hanging with all my coupled friends but Im wondering if anyone else will be coming?? Some of the couples I have spoken to are dressing as couples for the event...Ah, thats cute but I dont have a couple.. Of all the holidays that single people have to worry about getting through- this was the last one that I thought would pose a problem.
Before my break up a year ago- I never knew what it was like to not have a date for things, never knew what it was like to be the single one attending.. This will be my first real in my face experience of being SINGLE in a world of couples..
So yesterday I was looking for costumes and found some really great ones. One was a 50's Flapper, so cute! Then I found a Naughty little red riding hood.. Hey, thats what Halloween is about right? Dressing up as something you normally wouldnt.. I can pull off sexy for one night, right?? Then I lost my enthusiasm as I saw the RSVP list.. Why do I want to be dressed all sexy for Couples?? Any suggestions would be great at this point.. I need a costume pretty quick here.. ONLY a week till the party! Im really hoping that the "couples" will invite some singles too!
The realization has hit...and it kind of sucks..Sometimes Singles Just Dont Fit It In..
Before my break up a year ago- I never knew what it was like to not have a date for things, never knew what it was like to be the single one attending.. This will be my first real in my face experience of being SINGLE in a world of couples..
So yesterday I was looking for costumes and found some really great ones. One was a 50's Flapper, so cute! Then I found a Naughty little red riding hood.. Hey, thats what Halloween is about right? Dressing up as something you normally wouldnt.. I can pull off sexy for one night, right?? Then I lost my enthusiasm as I saw the RSVP list.. Why do I want to be dressed all sexy for Couples?? Any suggestions would be great at this point.. I need a costume pretty quick here.. ONLY a week till the party! Im really hoping that the "couples" will invite some singles too!
The realization has hit...and it kind of sucks..Sometimes Singles Just Dont Fit It In..

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home