Tuesday, July 04, 2006

"He lives the poetry that he cannot write. The others write the poetry that they dare not realize.”

Once again my head is left spinning after a fast and furious 4 days with Jaime. Let me catch you up on the highlights..

He got in on Friday night.. we went by and saw some friends for alittle bit and then headed home to get some sleep. Been a long long day for both of us. We actually got some good sleep that night- think that might have been a first. We must have been exhausted!! Saturday we woke up and went to my parents rent house to check it out.. My dad gave us a heck of an offer- so we are possibly considering it but need to check out finances first. Neither of us want to get in a financial bind.. My dad then took him to go hit balls at the rang for a bit.. I headed home to get showered, packed for our trip to Amarillo.

When they got done, we headed out! My dad was talking to him about what possible job options he had and Jaime mentioned a place I had told him about. Well just so happens that my dad knows the owner and gave him a call.. So on our way out of town, we ran by the place to check it out.. Really neat place, he would love to work there but we both have a feeling it pays like min. wage or something.. so would be a possible 2nd job for his days off if he gets off with the fire department maybe?

The road trip flew by.. we got to the hotel and they were completely full.. we got our room but were sharing the hotel with a Johova Witness Conference.. lol We changed and headed out again to get to the show.. I was pretty impressed with the fact that I didnt get car sick on the way down the canyon.. I tend to do that..

Anyways it was hotter than hell and we had to stand in long lines for while.. the peeps that met us there consisted of another couple and their 2 daughters.. it was alittle awkward cause the couple was fighting like cats and dogs.. So we have our COWBOY CATTLE CALL DINNER and it was eh' alright I guess.. not worth the money but Im just not a big BBQ person.. the show begins and wow!! My friends 3 year old was not in the mood for this.. She was talking non stop, wanting to play with me and Jaime.. she wasnt bothering me at all but I could tell that the people ALL ROUND US were going nuts!! They paid good money to see this show and all you could hear is this 3 year old.. Dont suggest taking kids to this show, kind of asking too much of them to sit there that long!

Anyways, I had seen this show before and LOVED IT! This particular night though, it was like a BAD dress rehearsal with the understudies performing.. Couldnt hear anything!! The music, singing, lines all of it was muffled.. So I was more than happy to have Graci to entertain me! lol I did feel pretty bad though that I had drug Jaime to this show being that it was so bad!! He enjoyed himself though, it was entertaining just hard to hear and pay attention to. The most exciting part was when the fireworks went off at the end..lol

We left the show and said our goodbyes.. headed back to the hotel.. decided to get some wine or something to chill with.. go to a United and couldnt find anything.. we asked a guy there where we could find the alcohol and he said "we are a dry spot." Excuse me?? What does that mean? Ah hell no, we arent in Lubbock anymore.. whats the problem here?? Turns out they have areas of town that they dont sell anything but right down the street and through the light it was a free for all..lol Well not really a free for all but they had wine coolers and beer.. better than nothing! So we picked up some Fuzzy Navel wine coolers and headed home. It was so funny drinking those, brought back memories of way back when.. lol

Sunday morning we got up at 8am!! We headed to my childhood church there and wow has it changed.. When the priest walked in at the beginning of the service, it was like listening to a MONTY PYTHON MOVIE.. DUN TA DA DA!!! The trumpet made it seem like a King was entering the building..lol So weird, the service was kind of weird too, at one point, I couldnt stop laughing.. I felt horrible for it but what in the world??? I miss the old days!! Then we grabbed some lunch and headed home... made pretty good time too! :-)

Once we got back, my parents told us to get changed into our swim suits and that we were about to head out to the Dr's house at the lake..the drive was miserable! it was a long 2 hours and then we got lost.. once we finally made it there, they were done at the lake for the day and about to have dinner..we joined them and hung out for a few hours.. good times! Funny funny people!! But we were so tired!! this constant going and going was starting to wear on us both. We got back to Lubbock at 10:15 and had to change and meet up with some friends by 11:30.. Good thing we both got our 2nd wind!

We headed out to a gay club here and it was so much fun! Very relaxed environment with some amazing dancers.. it was about 50/50 as far as gay to straight ratio.. Sunday nights are the DRAG SHOW nights so i was all sorts of excited about this.. before the show, these 2 guys got out on the dance floor and were having dance off.. just amazing!! I wish I could dance like that.. The drag show wasnt all that I had expected.. pretty darn boring.. picture a man in an evening gown singing Toni Braxton. yeah, not much to it! Then the drinks were flowing and we dance for a bit.. It was a GOOD TIME!!

Headed back to my friends house and we were all a bit drunk and decided to go SWIMMING! managed to make it home about 5am.. drunk drunk drunk! We were getting ready for bed and I made a horrible horrible slip up. Being that I was very drunk, I wasnt thinking well.. and I turned to him and said " We have to get up pretty early to go look at apartments.. so you need to go to bed KEVIN!"

GASP!!! I know, I know.. I called him the dreaded EX's name!! That brought about some bad drama and major hurt feelings and as much as I was trying to fix it and make it better, I ended up passing out... Woke up the next morning and turned to see him just laying there and staring at me with this sad look on his face.. he told me that when i said that last night, it broke his heart... I felt horrible!

I was really wishing that he would not have remembered what had happened..but he did. He didnt sleep well at all that night cause he was so upset about it.. we talked it out though and things are okay.. just one of those mishaps that happens to throw things all course when they are so wonderful.. Breakfast with the folks and then my dad and jaime were off for a day of golf.. (Jaime and i did not wake up with enough time to go check out apartments, drunk people shouldnt be in charge of setting an alarm..lol) So they leave and I go back to bed.. I was so tired!

He didnt get back till 7pm that night and had to shower and leave again at 8pm.. I ran this boy RAGG 'ed! We met up with one of my best friends from HS and her husband.. They had never met Jaime before.. Dinner was fun and then we drove out and watched fire works.. another old friend called and wanted to meet up with us, and as tired as we were- Jaime said yeah lets go. So we went to a bar and had A DRINK and hung out for a few hours catching up.. I could barely keep my eyes open and I had a nap that day.. so I cant even imagine how he was feeling..

Woke up this morning at 7:30am, breakfast with the family, headed to the parade and actually hung out afterwards and walked the blocks for a while.. it was a beautiful day out.. but didnt get home till almost noon.. helped mom prepare lunch that could have feed 15 people, we ate and spent time with the family.. time just flew by too quickly and then it was time to take him to the airport. Got home tonight and took a nap before work..

Looks like he will be back in 2 weeks possibly.. cause we gotta find a place to live and find him a job.. times sneaking up on us!! Great weekend though and my family adores him.. all my friends seem to think the world of him too.. he likes all my friends, a few especially but we didnt get to hang out with them much this time.. He is really looking forward to the move here though!! Good Times ahead!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home