Things that Make You Go Hmmm...
So this past week has been insane.. I mean just one thing after the next.. But I made it through and am still kicking...
The best friend is being odd these days though.. Makes me wonder a little about how things will go this upcoming weekend.. He's been really distant and our conversations havent been more than 20 minutes all week long... so weird..think its all the job interview stuff here..
Then yesterday I got DRUNK!!! So I call him of course and left a message saying all the drunk things.. and telling him how much I have missed him... I then pass out and he calls me back leaving this cocky message that pissed me off thoroughly.. Saying all this stuff like "dont cry, wipe your eyes.. its going to be okay.. Im giving you permission to call me back so that you dont have to miss me anymore.." Um, irritated the hell out of me when I woke up last night.
Then he called back a bit later cause he realized that since I was drunk- that I probably wouldnt see the humor in his message.. Which honestly, when I heard it.. really pissed me off!! Cause I really do miss when we dont get to talk, or hell sometimes I justs miss his voice.. Im being open and honest and it hurt for him to be making fun of that.. I get that he was just messing with me.. but damn.. drunk girls have feelings too!! :-)
We did get to talk this morning for almost 2 hours and that was so nice.. but he's just been so distant all week.. I guess with the interviews coming in and all- he may be worried that Im going to take a job here and not come to the job fair, not come to see him... But Iam going to the job fair and most definately coming to see him...
He has said a few things this week that make me think he is hinting at some feelings... like when he was discussing what to get a friend of his that he is super attracted too- but she is married... what to get her for her birthday... I jokingly said, maybe you should get her a Victoria Secret Gift Card (cause thats what he got me for my bday this year) and he said.. No I would only get something like for a girl I was seriously interested in and cared for alot.. yeah there was a brief awkward silence.. then change of topic... Are these things all in my head or is he putting his feelings out there for me to read into??? Hmm...
Today I asked him if he had any plans on May 12th... I have a graduation thing that day and was kind of wanting to ask if he would want to fly up and be here for it.. It would mean alot to me... My family cant make it and he's one of my biggest supporters! I would love for him to be there..
So I ask about that date and was nervous as hell and instead of just telling him what I was asking for.. tried to act like it was nothing.. Then he said, it must be something very important or you wouldnt be bringing up a particular date.. Then he surprised the hell out of me... he said, is that what you were blogging about on your myspace page the other day??? Ah hell, I had been caught.. I didnt realize he was checking that stuff so close..lol
Needless to say, he was already looking up flight information and said that if I was wanting to attend it (cause I mentioned that it wasnt a big deal and that I may not even go..) that he would be there! he wouldnt miss it for anything..Yes thats what a best friend says.. so why was I thinking it meant more than that??
I told him that if I ended up not doing it.. what would he think if I came to visit him that weekend instead? He just asked why... so then I felt stupid and was like.. well i deserve a break and a weekend away.. I guess I could just go to Dallas or something instead.. Then he quickly said, NO NO- I would love for you to come and spend the weekend with me.. So once again...hmmm...
SO TELL ME-- Am I reading too much into all of this??? I guess we will see when this next weekend Im with him.. We will see how it all goes... I may come back a little less happy.. or happier.. no matter what though-- biggest thing is that Im finally going! :-)
The best friend is being odd these days though.. Makes me wonder a little about how things will go this upcoming weekend.. He's been really distant and our conversations havent been more than 20 minutes all week long... so weird..think its all the job interview stuff here..
Then yesterday I got DRUNK!!! So I call him of course and left a message saying all the drunk things.. and telling him how much I have missed him... I then pass out and he calls me back leaving this cocky message that pissed me off thoroughly.. Saying all this stuff like "dont cry, wipe your eyes.. its going to be okay.. Im giving you permission to call me back so that you dont have to miss me anymore.." Um, irritated the hell out of me when I woke up last night.
Then he called back a bit later cause he realized that since I was drunk- that I probably wouldnt see the humor in his message.. Which honestly, when I heard it.. really pissed me off!! Cause I really do miss when we dont get to talk, or hell sometimes I justs miss his voice.. Im being open and honest and it hurt for him to be making fun of that.. I get that he was just messing with me.. but damn.. drunk girls have feelings too!! :-)
We did get to talk this morning for almost 2 hours and that was so nice.. but he's just been so distant all week.. I guess with the interviews coming in and all- he may be worried that Im going to take a job here and not come to the job fair, not come to see him... But Iam going to the job fair and most definately coming to see him...
He has said a few things this week that make me think he is hinting at some feelings... like when he was discussing what to get a friend of his that he is super attracted too- but she is married... what to get her for her birthday... I jokingly said, maybe you should get her a Victoria Secret Gift Card (cause thats what he got me for my bday this year) and he said.. No I would only get something like for a girl I was seriously interested in and cared for alot.. yeah there was a brief awkward silence.. then change of topic... Are these things all in my head or is he putting his feelings out there for me to read into??? Hmm...
Today I asked him if he had any plans on May 12th... I have a graduation thing that day and was kind of wanting to ask if he would want to fly up and be here for it.. It would mean alot to me... My family cant make it and he's one of my biggest supporters! I would love for him to be there..
So I ask about that date and was nervous as hell and instead of just telling him what I was asking for.. tried to act like it was nothing.. Then he said, it must be something very important or you wouldnt be bringing up a particular date.. Then he surprised the hell out of me... he said, is that what you were blogging about on your myspace page the other day??? Ah hell, I had been caught.. I didnt realize he was checking that stuff so close..lol
Needless to say, he was already looking up flight information and said that if I was wanting to attend it (cause I mentioned that it wasnt a big deal and that I may not even go..) that he would be there! he wouldnt miss it for anything..Yes thats what a best friend says.. so why was I thinking it meant more than that??
I told him that if I ended up not doing it.. what would he think if I came to visit him that weekend instead? He just asked why... so then I felt stupid and was like.. well i deserve a break and a weekend away.. I guess I could just go to Dallas or something instead.. Then he quickly said, NO NO- I would love for you to come and spend the weekend with me.. So once again...hmmm...
SO TELL ME-- Am I reading too much into all of this??? I guess we will see when this next weekend Im with him.. We will see how it all goes... I may come back a little less happy.. or happier.. no matter what though-- biggest thing is that Im finally going! :-)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home