Thursday, January 05, 2006

Is It Possible For A Longhorn To Secretly Love A Red Raider??

Okay so In honor of my best friends team winning tonight- I am writing in orange.. I was really really hoping they wouldn't win!! I do not like this particular team at all!! But in the end- they did and so of course I had to be happy for them.. (I guess).He told me that he even got teary eyed at the end cause of the accomplishment..( I guess it was a big deal??)
At least they are from Texas, Right??

So my best friend called me tonight to brag about them winning the game tonight.. He was a little hyped up and headed home around 2:30am. Very exciting night for Austin!!! We decided that once I move there, that he will buy us season tickets so that he can turn me into a Texas Fan.. I don't think he realizes that I'm not even a big football fan?? But it was a sweet gesture!! :-)

**This next part may get confusing**
So he asked me if my dad would still be in Florida for the next week.. I said yes.. So he says that he wants me to send him my dads address there.. He's going to mail him something to make him laugh. Uh huh...

Okay, back up, so way back when I lived in Austin.. My dad only met my friend one time.. but he did like him. He still likes him alot. But my Dad & I would go to the flea markets there every so often to buy fake Dooney and Burke purses and stuff like that...and my dad made a comment once that the only people working in the flea markets were Mexican and they all wore and sold stripe shirts.. (yes I did give him an ear full about stereotyping..)

Anyways, well the one and only time he met my best friend-- What do you think he saw?? Well my friend is Hispanic and he was wearing a striped shirt... So now its like a running joke with them.. If I'm on the phone with him, my dad always says- ask him if he's gotten any good deals on stripe shirts lately..or my friend will say hey be sure to tell your dad that I just stocked up on some new stripe shirts! They are so weird.

So anyways, My friend thinks it would be hilarious to send my dad a stripe shirt in the mail to Florida... he asked if my dad would get a kick out of that?? Um, yes My dad would think that was freaking hilarious!

Here's something that I wonder about.. of the guys I have dated seriously- they have always been very similar to my dad in many ways.. which can be good and bad. My boyfriend in high school (T) became so close with my dad that after we broke up, they still got together to play basketball and stuff all the time. How strange.. My dad really loved him.. and I think kind of hoped that we would eventually work out...(if only knew what "not a great guy" that ex was).

So then the next boyfriend (K) , the one for 6 1/2 years-- yeah they were similar too!! Even more so than the other boyfriend (T) .. My dad truly loved him like a son and was completely comfortable with (K) and I getting married someday.. then things changed between them and I wish that I picked up on it quicker. My dad realized long before I did that this guy was not meant for me. And I sure hope that my dad never see's this ex-boyfriend again.. I would be afraid of what he would say or do to the poor guy.

So my best friend has always had these running jokes with my dad, and my dad has always loved this guy... They have SO MUCH IN COMMON.. love sports, love football, love hunting, both very sarcastic, family orientated, religious,and their thought processes are very much the same.. My dad has told me since we lived in Austin, that I would marry this guy..

Now that my best friend is wanting to do this funny "mailing the shirt thing" to my dad.. what does that mean?? is he trying to get in even better, like kissing up? is he just trying to be funny just to be funny?? Why would you do something like that for your friends dad for no real reason? I worry that my dad really liking this guy and them both having so much in common isn't a good sign for me.. Or maybe I'm just over analyzing.. (I do this alot).

You know, I used to joke after I hung up with him, and say "ah.. he loves me.." to my friends.. Now whenever I tell them stuff he says or does, they say it.."ah.. he loves you.."
I wonder if he really does?

Owell at least we know one thing for certain-
He loves his University of Texas Long Horns!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home