What A Day...
So today was full of memories.. mostly good, some sad. I was reminded that 2 years ago my ex's family had invited my family to come spend Thanksgiving with them all together.. At that time we were doing wonderful and had big plans for the future.. Last year was hard knowing that I was supposed to be there with all of them and my family.. But I made it through and told myself that this year would be better..My brother actually said to me that he thinks that Im much better off and happier now than I was then..But Now Im Still left thinking Please Lord- Next Year has got to be better!!
My brother that evidentally knows just the perfect thing to make me upset had some words for me today.. We were talking about how weird it is that my parents arent spending Thanksgiving with us today.. and how it will be in the future. I said that I sure hoped he didnt move out of state when get starts his career- that I hoped he would live close enough to me that we would still spend holidays together..and that my kids would have a chance to really know their Uncle since we never had family around us when we were growing up.. He said " well I wouldnt be worried about that cause in order to ever have kids- you will have to meet someone first..." Wow- Happy Thanksgiving- Love, my brother! He makes no sense to me sometimes..
I did get a call from my best friend today.. he called early and said that he could barely keep his eyes open.. he'd eaten too much. I was laughing and amazed cause I had just put in the ham..lol I was starving and knew we wouldnt be eating for a few more hours.. We didnt talk long.. But it was nice to hear his voice and its always nice to get a call when someone starts off by saying.."I was thinking about you.."
I love my brother and was glad to have him home with me today even though he can bring me down in an instant.. One thing that he did say that made me kind of happy though was that he would possibly want to live in a certain city that I have been looking at possibly moving to.. I hope and pray that my brother and I someday form a close relationship and can hangout together and enjoy eachothers company.. I hope that we can maintain a closeness when we each get married and have kids- that we will be apart of eachothers lives--I hate the fact that I never get to see my older brother and sister and am not a part of their lives and their childrens lives.. I have always been so jealous of all the families that live in the same cities and have Thanksgiving and Christmas with the whole family and spend time with their grandparents and uncles/aunts/cousins.. I want that so badly for my family someday! We shall see.. you never know what the future holds..
So I guess the moral of the story is that the day is finally over.. the dishes will get done tomorrow, and my brother will be there when I get home in the morning. Tomorrow night we are going to a Hockey Game together..Thats our one form of bonding that really works- maybe it will make up for today..
My brother that evidentally knows just the perfect thing to make me upset had some words for me today.. We were talking about how weird it is that my parents arent spending Thanksgiving with us today.. and how it will be in the future. I said that I sure hoped he didnt move out of state when get starts his career- that I hoped he would live close enough to me that we would still spend holidays together..and that my kids would have a chance to really know their Uncle since we never had family around us when we were growing up.. He said " well I wouldnt be worried about that cause in order to ever have kids- you will have to meet someone first..." Wow- Happy Thanksgiving- Love, my brother! He makes no sense to me sometimes..
I did get a call from my best friend today.. he called early and said that he could barely keep his eyes open.. he'd eaten too much. I was laughing and amazed cause I had just put in the ham..lol I was starving and knew we wouldnt be eating for a few more hours.. We didnt talk long.. But it was nice to hear his voice and its always nice to get a call when someone starts off by saying.."I was thinking about you.."
I love my brother and was glad to have him home with me today even though he can bring me down in an instant.. One thing that he did say that made me kind of happy though was that he would possibly want to live in a certain city that I have been looking at possibly moving to.. I hope and pray that my brother and I someday form a close relationship and can hangout together and enjoy eachothers company.. I hope that we can maintain a closeness when we each get married and have kids- that we will be apart of eachothers lives--I hate the fact that I never get to see my older brother and sister and am not a part of their lives and their childrens lives.. I have always been so jealous of all the families that live in the same cities and have Thanksgiving and Christmas with the whole family and spend time with their grandparents and uncles/aunts/cousins.. I want that so badly for my family someday! We shall see.. you never know what the future holds..
So I guess the moral of the story is that the day is finally over.. the dishes will get done tomorrow, and my brother will be there when I get home in the morning. Tomorrow night we are going to a Hockey Game together..Thats our one form of bonding that really works- maybe it will make up for today..

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home