Friday, November 04, 2005

Nothing Better Than A Good Friend, A Few Good Beers, and a Phone Call..

So He called me tonight.. I was out a bar having a few drinks with a friend and catching up..and I hear that ring tone.. He has a certain one that no one else has. I didn't plan it that way.. just happened. So I answer and he tells me that he's about to text message "her". I wrinkle my forehead and ask why?? He says that he just wants to make sure that she's doing okay..blah blah.. He says he will let me go and will call me before work tonight. Cool! So I go back to my beer and friend.. About 5 minutes later, I hear that ring tone again.. So I excuse myself again and answer. He says that he sent a text message asking if she's okay and that he's been thinking about her. She texts back and says she's good and hopes he's doing alright. He again texts her and says "I miss you." He wasn't expecting the response "Well that's funny, you sure didn't seem to be missing me last weekend when you were out with that other girl." Damn! What SHE obviously doesn't know is that he was with Isabel and her boyfriend..What HE doesn't know is that it doesn't matter cause she doesn't trust him, and never has or she would know better!

So now he's all freaked out and wants to call her and explain.. ((My friend is now looking around the room, possibly a little annoyed that Im on the phone and I smile the "im sorry smile..")) He says he's going to call her and leave her a message since she probably wont pick up. I tell him fine and that I will call him before work.
Finished up another beer, had a few good laughs and headed home.

So on my way to work- I call him to make sure he's okay.. He says that he did call her and left the message and at the end asked that she please call him back. He tells me that if she doesn't call him back- he's threw with it. I am secretly praying that she doesn't call back..

You know, HE used to be the person that could see things.. He could see when someone was being used, or lied to, or treated badly, he was good at that.. But now because he shared "something special of himself" with this girl- he cant see that she treated him like shit from day one!! That she has made him question his worth and left him feeling worthless.. Why is it that he cant see any of this.. and if he can, why doesn't he wake up and realize he needs to let her go???

On another note.. HE is making one big change.. She had a big problem with him still living at home with his parents..So in 2 weeks he is moving out and going to live with a friend that owns his own house. Kind of exciting but I think he may be doing it for the wrong reasons.. She's not coming back cause you finally moved out..

Then again, what the hell do i know?? I am single after all.. and will not be a relationship any time soon.. im looking at old maid status coming on fast! I think I may go tomorrow and meet up with a few good friends, have a few glasses of wine, and not answer my phone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home