Driving Myself Insane..
What kind of Crazy Person Am I? A REALLY CRAZY ONE!!! So my best friend calls me up the other night and says "Do you know what a pain in the butt you are??" Im thinking- Yes I do know.. Why?? :-) He then proceeds to tell me that he's been trying to do something nice for me and was so frustrated.. My heart stopped-Okay well maybe not stopped- but I was holding my breath for a long time...really scared about what he was about to say..
So he and I were talking the other night about how my plans for New Years had fallen through.. I had 4 choices...
Okay so I did all of that to bring me to the DUN DUN DUN DUN.....No Im not still holding my breath.. but I was so scared that he had bought me a plane ticket to come spend New Years with him... I was so scared that I would have to flat out tell him no, I couldn't come, I wouldn't come. Oh lord, what an idiot!!! Why did I even tell him I was off that entire weekend?? He had previous plans to go to California with an ex girlfriend.. and not sure why he's not anymore.. but he said plans changed..
Okay so I ask him, What have you been trying to do??? ( Deep Breath) He says that he has been on the phone all day long with Victoria Secrets all over Texas, Colorado, and then the main customer service center. I was like, WHY???? Honestly, I was so thankful it had nothing to do with a plane ticket or coming to see him.. Im sure it sounded really really happy.. ha ha
Then I thought, Oooh La La- I love Victoria Secret.. Why would he be buying me something from there?? (Yes I was smiling as I thought about the possibilities..) Then it hit me like a brick up side the head.. Oh gosh!! We made a bet last year when UT played TTU in football.. My team won and he was supposed to by me a bottle of Very Sexy from Victoria Secret. He never has paid up..
Okay back to the story.. So he tells me that he wanted to get me a really nice gift set of the Very Sexy to surprise me..(um not to mention that my bday was 2 weeks ago and we just had Christmas- but whatever)..but that they are all sold out.. He called all the stores in the Austin, Dallas, Houston, Waco, and then turned to Colorado(has friends that live there), and then the main call center. He said that 1/2 way through the calls he began telling them his story and how he really needed them to help him find a bottle, a lotion, anything!!! All to end the day with- "Im sorry sir but the entire line of Very Sexy has been sold out and will not be restocked till after the first of the year."
So Im laughing, a little at him for going to so much trouble a few days after Christmas when nothings in stock.., a little at me for being retarded and thinking some grinningly good thoughts about what I might be getting, and then laughing pretty damn hard at the fact that I was so worried that it was going to be a plane ticket..
How sweet was that though.. How many guys go to that much trouble for their best friend, they haven't seen in 5 years??? (big deep sigh) and (yes im still smiling).
So he and I were talking the other night about how my plans for New Years had fallen through.. I had 4 choices...
- #1 Go to Dallas and spend the weekend with great friend, go to New Years Eve Bash with Cute, Single Boys ranging in ages from 25-late 30's. Sounds pretty good! It did not work out cause I have no way to get there and didn't buy a plane ticket while they were still cheap and Im broke.
- #2 Go to Dallas and spend the weekend with my best friend and some other peeps at a really classy restaurant/bar downtown..Bring in the New Year in Style! Well they only had a few reservations left open and I couldn't figure out transportation (since that was also the problem with #1) So missed out on reservation and wouldn't want to hang out in someone's apartment while they all went out..
- #3 Go to Austin with a friend and stay at her brothers apartment, where I have heard rumored there is a cute roommate??Hmm.. Then spend New Years down on 6th Street... (problem would be the paranoia of my guy best friend finding out Im in town and didn't call him.) This unfortunately did not work out cause well- my friend was driving and that was the transportation.. Now she cant cause life happens.. Sooo...This brings me to...
- #4 Go to Austin to stay with my guy best friend.. spend New Years with him cause he wants me to.. stay in or go out- he doesn't care.. This doesn't work out cause Im a chicken shit.. plain and simple. I would not go even if I could- if I had to see him... How bad is that?? I would love to see him, but not him see me. (stop rolling your damn eyes.. I know I know!!) Im tired of looks of disappointment..
Okay so I did all of that to bring me to the DUN DUN DUN DUN.....No Im not still holding my breath.. but I was so scared that he had bought me a plane ticket to come spend New Years with him... I was so scared that I would have to flat out tell him no, I couldn't come, I wouldn't come. Oh lord, what an idiot!!! Why did I even tell him I was off that entire weekend?? He had previous plans to go to California with an ex girlfriend.. and not sure why he's not anymore.. but he said plans changed..
Okay so I ask him, What have you been trying to do??? ( Deep Breath) He says that he has been on the phone all day long with Victoria Secrets all over Texas, Colorado, and then the main customer service center. I was like, WHY???? Honestly, I was so thankful it had nothing to do with a plane ticket or coming to see him.. Im sure it sounded really really happy.. ha ha
Then I thought, Oooh La La- I love Victoria Secret.. Why would he be buying me something from there?? (Yes I was smiling as I thought about the possibilities..) Then it hit me like a brick up side the head.. Oh gosh!! We made a bet last year when UT played TTU in football.. My team won and he was supposed to by me a bottle of Very Sexy from Victoria Secret. He never has paid up..
Okay back to the story.. So he tells me that he wanted to get me a really nice gift set of the Very Sexy to surprise me..(um not to mention that my bday was 2 weeks ago and we just had Christmas- but whatever)..but that they are all sold out.. He called all the stores in the Austin, Dallas, Houston, Waco, and then turned to Colorado(has friends that live there), and then the main call center. He said that 1/2 way through the calls he began telling them his story and how he really needed them to help him find a bottle, a lotion, anything!!! All to end the day with- "Im sorry sir but the entire line of Very Sexy has been sold out and will not be restocked till after the first of the year."
So Im laughing, a little at him for going to so much trouble a few days after Christmas when nothings in stock.., a little at me for being retarded and thinking some grinningly good thoughts about what I might be getting, and then laughing pretty damn hard at the fact that I was so worried that it was going to be a plane ticket..
How sweet was that though.. How many guys go to that much trouble for their best friend, they haven't seen in 5 years??? (big deep sigh) and (yes im still smiling).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home