Had the "TALK" with Dad..
Today was kind of a nerve racking day.. Alot going on and alot on my mind.. I woke up after 4 hours with a scratch on my nose? Guess I was thinking in my sleep and instead of scratching my head, scratched my nose. I have a really cute little scab now. Nice!
I had my interview this afternoon and Jaime called to wish me luck with it.. I love that he is so supportive of my job search even if its not in Austin.. He really does make me feel completely secure and allows me to be excited about possibilities anywhere. He told me today that maybe I should consider applying in the Dallas areas as well.. He wouldnt mind living there either? It nice that he's so flexible and willing to do whatever he needs to for us to be together.. Finally having that feeling of someone putting me before themselves.. kind of weird.. not used to it but kind of like it.
The interview went okay- by that I mean that it went well but I was definately not excited about this school and left glad being done and wouldnt mind if I didnt get that job. I do hope that some other offers and opprotunities arise soon though. Maybe in his area, that would be even better!
Talking to him this afternoon before my interview was so reassuring though and the email he sent me last night was just so sweet.. He has such a way with words and can make me feel so special without much effort. I love that!
So he sends me a text message tonight about 10pm and it says that he misses me and is thinking about me.. Ah!! I had just finished having "THE TALK" with my dad. I was so glad to get that message.. made me feel a little better.
Let me tell you how this all went down tonight.. So I hung out with the parents this evening.. We ate dinner together and watched American Idol cause they love that show.. all through it my dad keeps saying "why are you smiling so much.." "whats on your mind??" "Whats this good mood about?" "Why are you so giddy??" "Do you have something you need to tell me?" I dont have any idea what I was doing or why I was doing it.. I guess maybe he just knows me well enough that he can tell..
Before I went to work, I sat down next to my dad and he says.."Would you just tell me already? Your driving me crazy with these grins and giggles.." I told him that I had some good news for him.. He said "You got a job?" I said no, but that I thought he should know that HE WAS RIGHT! I figured If I put this spin on it, he would take the news a little better. He said, Right about what?? I said you were right about Jaime being a great guy and that he could be the one.. His face went cold. I said " I just wanted to let you know that Jaime and I are dating." He said "and just how is this going to work??" I told him that Jaime was willing to move where ever I get a job, whether it be in Lubbock or Austin.. where ever. He then asked "Why would he want to do that?" I said because he cares about me and wants us to be together.
So my dad sits there with his brain just going in circles- I can see it on his face. I told him that if I got a job here, that Jaime and I would get an apartment here together, 2 bedroom. HE FREAKED OUT on that comment. Maybe I should have waited on that one.. owell! Im being honest and smiling so huge that things are just flying out of my mouth.. What I dont get is that he is okay with us dating and living together in Austin but not here?? He made a comment about questioning my morals now.. WHAT??? I told him that I have never given him any reason to ever questions my morals, or faith.. and that he has always told me that Jaime and I would end up together.. Why wasnt he happy?? He told me that he doesnt even know the guy.. Well he sure does talk about him all the time, and has nothing but good things to say.. He said yeah but that was before you guys were DATING!
I guess he was a little upset that Jaime and I were dating before my dad got a chance to meet him again and give his opinion of him. I kind of think that my parents should trust my judgement.. But this weekend they will have 4 days to get to meet and get to know Jaime and see what a great guy he is. My dad did ask if Jaime would be a stand up guy that would be willing to talk about all this with him?? I told him of course he would be.. that this was all what he had decided before he even talked to me about it. That he had already talked to his parents about it and they are 100% supportive of us doing what we need to do to be together.. My dad then says that it was easier for them since they got to meet me and spend some time with me before hearing this news.. Maybe he was right on that one, but I know my parents will love him and know that he is a great guy after this weekend. As I was leaving for work, my dad asked me if there was any other news that I should tell him.. ?? Like what Dad, really?? I didnt say that we were getting married or anything.. just dating and wanted him to know!
I know its alot to ask that my parents be happy for me- but hell! I sure would have been nice.. My dad said that he is just worried that Im getting caught up in something that isnt going to work- Do you see where I get my worrying problem from?? Why I question all the feelings Im having?? Yes I get it from my parents!
I called Jaime on my way to work and gave him the quick jist of what had happened.. He seems unphased.. He was just like Im not worried, we will have a great time this weekend. Im glad that he's so confident- cause I know my dad will be trying to put the fear of God into him this weekend.. Im a bit worried about how its all going to go now.. I hope that my dad will take the next 24 hours to really think and try to just be happy for me.. and go into this weekend with a positive attitude towards this new thing... I would hate for him to make it a LONG weekend and make Jaime feel uncomfortable.. that is the last thing I want to happen. Im sure once they meet him and see that he is a wonderful guy and treats me amazing- they will love him! (fingers crossed).
Now Im stuck with trying to figure out what to do to entertain Jaime this weekend.. Plans fell through for the party at the Dr's ranch.. So Im kind of like. Now what?? I looked all over the websites for our area to see if anything happening this weekend or for fun things to do.. not a whole lot to choose from.. lol Could be a long weekend after all.. with lack of sleep and boredom on the home front..lol Any ideas?? I would love to do something special for him.. Im at a loss right now though.
He should be calling me here in the next 30 minutes or so.. I absolutely adore his early morning phone calls.. They help me make it through the rest of my shift and just plaster a SMILE on my face.. I love it!
Going to be a long damn day!! I have got to clean house and do some laundry.. Need my room to be presentable again..lol
SLEEP MUST HAPPEN TODAY THOUGH!!!
I had my interview this afternoon and Jaime called to wish me luck with it.. I love that he is so supportive of my job search even if its not in Austin.. He really does make me feel completely secure and allows me to be excited about possibilities anywhere. He told me today that maybe I should consider applying in the Dallas areas as well.. He wouldnt mind living there either? It nice that he's so flexible and willing to do whatever he needs to for us to be together.. Finally having that feeling of someone putting me before themselves.. kind of weird.. not used to it but kind of like it.
The interview went okay- by that I mean that it went well but I was definately not excited about this school and left glad being done and wouldnt mind if I didnt get that job. I do hope that some other offers and opprotunities arise soon though. Maybe in his area, that would be even better!
Talking to him this afternoon before my interview was so reassuring though and the email he sent me last night was just so sweet.. He has such a way with words and can make me feel so special without much effort. I love that!
So he sends me a text message tonight about 10pm and it says that he misses me and is thinking about me.. Ah!! I had just finished having "THE TALK" with my dad. I was so glad to get that message.. made me feel a little better.
Let me tell you how this all went down tonight.. So I hung out with the parents this evening.. We ate dinner together and watched American Idol cause they love that show.. all through it my dad keeps saying "why are you smiling so much.." "whats on your mind??" "Whats this good mood about?" "Why are you so giddy??" "Do you have something you need to tell me?" I dont have any idea what I was doing or why I was doing it.. I guess maybe he just knows me well enough that he can tell..
Before I went to work, I sat down next to my dad and he says.."Would you just tell me already? Your driving me crazy with these grins and giggles.." I told him that I had some good news for him.. He said "You got a job?" I said no, but that I thought he should know that HE WAS RIGHT! I figured If I put this spin on it, he would take the news a little better. He said, Right about what?? I said you were right about Jaime being a great guy and that he could be the one.. His face went cold. I said " I just wanted to let you know that Jaime and I are dating." He said "and just how is this going to work??" I told him that Jaime was willing to move where ever I get a job, whether it be in Lubbock or Austin.. where ever. He then asked "Why would he want to do that?" I said because he cares about me and wants us to be together.
So my dad sits there with his brain just going in circles- I can see it on his face. I told him that if I got a job here, that Jaime and I would get an apartment here together, 2 bedroom. HE FREAKED OUT on that comment. Maybe I should have waited on that one.. owell! Im being honest and smiling so huge that things are just flying out of my mouth.. What I dont get is that he is okay with us dating and living together in Austin but not here?? He made a comment about questioning my morals now.. WHAT??? I told him that I have never given him any reason to ever questions my morals, or faith.. and that he has always told me that Jaime and I would end up together.. Why wasnt he happy?? He told me that he doesnt even know the guy.. Well he sure does talk about him all the time, and has nothing but good things to say.. He said yeah but that was before you guys were DATING!
I guess he was a little upset that Jaime and I were dating before my dad got a chance to meet him again and give his opinion of him. I kind of think that my parents should trust my judgement.. But this weekend they will have 4 days to get to meet and get to know Jaime and see what a great guy he is. My dad did ask if Jaime would be a stand up guy that would be willing to talk about all this with him?? I told him of course he would be.. that this was all what he had decided before he even talked to me about it. That he had already talked to his parents about it and they are 100% supportive of us doing what we need to do to be together.. My dad then says that it was easier for them since they got to meet me and spend some time with me before hearing this news.. Maybe he was right on that one, but I know my parents will love him and know that he is a great guy after this weekend. As I was leaving for work, my dad asked me if there was any other news that I should tell him.. ?? Like what Dad, really?? I didnt say that we were getting married or anything.. just dating and wanted him to know!
I know its alot to ask that my parents be happy for me- but hell! I sure would have been nice.. My dad said that he is just worried that Im getting caught up in something that isnt going to work- Do you see where I get my worrying problem from?? Why I question all the feelings Im having?? Yes I get it from my parents!
I called Jaime on my way to work and gave him the quick jist of what had happened.. He seems unphased.. He was just like Im not worried, we will have a great time this weekend. Im glad that he's so confident- cause I know my dad will be trying to put the fear of God into him this weekend.. Im a bit worried about how its all going to go now.. I hope that my dad will take the next 24 hours to really think and try to just be happy for me.. and go into this weekend with a positive attitude towards this new thing... I would hate for him to make it a LONG weekend and make Jaime feel uncomfortable.. that is the last thing I want to happen. Im sure once they meet him and see that he is a wonderful guy and treats me amazing- they will love him! (fingers crossed).
Now Im stuck with trying to figure out what to do to entertain Jaime this weekend.. Plans fell through for the party at the Dr's ranch.. So Im kind of like. Now what?? I looked all over the websites for our area to see if anything happening this weekend or for fun things to do.. not a whole lot to choose from.. lol Could be a long weekend after all.. with lack of sleep and boredom on the home front..lol Any ideas?? I would love to do something special for him.. Im at a loss right now though.
He should be calling me here in the next 30 minutes or so.. I absolutely adore his early morning phone calls.. They help me make it through the rest of my shift and just plaster a SMILE on my face.. I love it!
Going to be a long damn day!! I have got to clean house and do some laundry.. Need my room to be presentable again..lol
SLEEP MUST HAPPEN TODAY THOUGH!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home