Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The shit hits the fan!

Yeah, just when things are going so perfect.. there's gotta be a kink! Today was that day.. So I wake up and have missed several of his calls and also his text message that said he missedme.. I tried to call him back but got his voicemail cause he was at work.. Sucked! So I emailed him a few emails and then went to get some stuff done. I get home and am asking my mom how she felt this weekend went and what she thought of him.

MOMS VIEW: She thought he was a nice guy, great manners, a gentleman, treated me very well. She didnt see any spark with me though and was worried.. Why wasnt I giddy and goo goo eyed?? Was I not that into him?? I told her that yes Iam very into him but that Im not 18 anymore and this isnt so new to me.. we have known eachother for years and Im pretty comfortable with him. Plus this weekend was not about showing how I felt but for them to get to know him..

Then my dad called and was telling me what he thought about Jaime.

DADS VIEW: he thought he was a great guy, seemed to treat me very well, very attentive.. he didnt get a good feel for his intentions with me, or what kind of temperment that Jaime has..? He also wanted me to know that he wanted jaime to know that he better" never lay a hand on me.." Excuse me?? What the hell??

So then I go back to my mom wondering what in the heck??

MOMS VIEW: she tells me that she and my dad hadnt talked about that but that she was very curious too.What were his intentions?? And that she agreed with the comment about never laying a hand on me.. I asked her what made them feel that way? Why would they feel the need to say that?? She said she wasnt sure.. that it wasnt the fact that he was so much bigger built than my previous boyfriend or anything.. but I got the feeling from things she said that all she did all weekend long was compare him to K. NOT COOL! They are not the same people at all... She did reassure me a bit that they did really like him and that they just needed to get to spend more time with him..

I talked to Jaime on the phone for alittle bit tonight and tried really hard to not tell him anything negative but he just kept on saying.. I can tell you there is something you arent saying.. I feel like yes they think im great BUT... so what is it?? So I gave in and told him what my parents had said. He was shocked and couldnt figure out what he had done or said to get that reaction.. I couldnt either. Then he told me he would call me back..

MY DAD: So my dad asks me to come talk to him.. He tells me that he really does like the guy and that he saw a whole new me this weekend.. He said that watched how Jaime was with me and that he appreciated that.. he said that he watched me sleeping on the way home and saw that I would wake up and my face would just light up when I looked at Jaime.. he could see that this guy makes me happier than anything else in the world. He loved that. He said that the reason he made the comment about not laying a hand on me.. was nothing against him. he didnt get to meet this guy before we started dating, so he didnt get to instill the fear of God into him.. like usual. he doesnt know his temperment.. like he doesnt know how jaime will react when i come home and say that i wrecked the car, or maxed our my cards, or bounced 5 checks! he wants to know how jaime will respond to these things before he lets his guard down. He told me that our whole family got burned with my last relationship. We loved K so much and made him a part of the family. it was hard on all of us when it ended and that my dad took it particularly hard and felt helpless in making it better for me. He said that our family was extremely cautious this weekend with him just for that reason. They want to know what his intentions are, and who he is, what he is like... so that they can know if he will be good to me, if he is the one for me. Can they trust this guy with me, with my heart, with their hearts??

So I get a call back from jaime and he is really upset! Oh my gosh! he had gotten off the phone with me and went and talked to his parents. he told them what my parents had said and THEY ARE PISSED!!!! I told him what my dad had said and tried to explain as best as i could where he was coming from.. but that wouldnt fix the fact that his parents are pissed and probably wont ever care to meet my parents.. which I understand. I would hate to hear something like that and know my parents wouldnt be happy either. But my parents with some explaining would get over it.. He said that his mom wont.. she's like that. So Now Im thinking- I really screwed this up big time!! Our parents will never get along now.. He said we will just have to have no AUDIO at our wedding..lol I love that he tries to make jokes to lighten the mood but hell!!! I want his parents to love me, and my parents.. Just Like I want my parents to love him and his parents. Not sure that will happen now... He told me he would do his best to fix it with his parents.. make it better.. Dont know how that is possible??

How could I have possibly told him that?? Why couldnt I just have lied?? Why couldnt my parents just fell in love with him and this wouldnt happening now!! What in the world should I do to fix this problem?? I feel horrid!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home